We have been exclusively retained by Duolingo to assist in recruiting their first General Counsel pre-IPO (expected 2021). Duolingo is a founder-run, Pittsburgh-based rapidly growing E-learning app recently recognized on the 2018 and 2019 Disrupter Top 50 lists. Duolingo’s mission is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. Duolingo is supported by a world-class investor team and is on track to double its revenue this year. With over 300m users worldwide, Duolingo achieved Unicorn status with valuation in excess of $1b.
Due to high-interest level and client requirements, only candidates meeting the above criteria can be considered.
1. Must have in-house experience with a technology company
2. Must have experience with a public company (IPO public preferred)
3. Must have securities experience
3. Must have stellar academic credentials with top schools
4. Must have big law firm experience
5. Must have leadership experience building out a legal department/first in-house counsel
6. Must have experience with all day-to-day legal operations including such areas as commercial, immigration, employment, compliance, etc.
7. Must be prepared for the opportunity of a lifetime – taking a well-funded company public and doing all of the groundwork necessary for a successful offering with 24 months.
**All inquiries confidential.
Job Type: Full-time